amd athon xp 2600+ & Manual Settings for bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jesterx, Apr 1, 2005.

1. jesterx

jesterx Private E-2

I recently upgraded my system to an :

amd athon xp 2600+ w/ 333fsb

My motherboard is an MSI K7T Turbo 2

I just updated its bios so that it would recoginize the new amd chip..

But i am getting Unknown CPU detected message during boot up and it is displaying that the cpu it running at 1.53Ghz when I am pretty sure the 2600+ should run at 1.92Ghz

any way I was wondering if any one knew what the I should manualy set the Vcore and CLock ratio to so it will correctly recoginize the proccesor speed. I dont want to over clock but as it is i am underclocked.

I am a novice at this as you can tell so any help would be great...

2. BillD

BillD Private First Class

If, you go into your BIOS (hit delete to enter set up when booting) you should be able to somewhere in there find the frontside bus setting, and it should say 166 mghz (166 x 2 =333). It is probably defaulted to 133 or 100. You shouldn't need to touch the V core. Your MB manual should be able to outline where you need to go to find this.

3. tleewade

tleewade Private E-2

my 2600 runs at 2.083ght

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds