AMD Venice Sub Zero Overclocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robert.down, Jun 7, 2005.

1. robert.down

robert.down Private E-2

Hello I'm after getting a new CPU to go in my 939 MSI board, Ive been trying a Winchester 3500 and 3000 in a Socket 939 MSI neo2 939, it works fine even for some air cooler overclocking but the problems start when I put it all together in a Vapochill case, the Vapochill is seperately powered, PE Titanium Vapochill, the winchester becomes very unstable even at normal speeds, Ive read Venice cores work better with subzero cooling?, Has anyone here tried that combo ? venice core AMD 64 and MSI K8N Neo 2 and Vapochill? my local store, www.ctidirect.co.uk, has the CPU's in at the moment I'm itching to try one hmmm, any help appreciated. I'm tempted by the newer Nforce4 boards, but I'd just like to get the AMD 64 working under the Vapochill

cheers
    Robert

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

First I wanna say you are a lucky SOAB,second the winchester has a known subzero problem,I dont know if it is fixed in the latest MSI patches,but it is definately fixed in most of the hacked bios out there,I dont use hacked bios in my MSI for obvious reasons,I like it working,but if you do a quick search on google you will easily find a hacked bios with the sub zero fix,I had one somewhere but I cant find it,I wouldnt like to recommend one anyway.

Post some pics of your vapochill system,pplleeaassee? :)

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

problems reached when temps hit -90deg

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds