AMD XP2800 Barton temp playing Halo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alontheriver, May 5, 2005.

1. alontheriver

alontheriver Private First Class

I was just wondering if my cpu is running hotter than normal. It's an XP2800+
    barton and idles at 51c with a system temp of 41c. Under a good load like playing the game Halo it jumps up to around 68c. I'm using the stock heat sink and fan that came with the boxed cpu and thermal paste from radio shack. My motherboard cpu temp threshhold is set to shut down at 75c. should I considerer a better heatsink and fan or am I being overly concerned :confused:

2. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

I have a barton @ 2.35 ghz idles 47C load 54C
    before I upgraded my heatsink it would start to act funny around 65C.
    If I were you I would try to get your cpu temp down a little.
    try to find a heatsink with the lowest thermal resistance you can, like .45 or lower, and use artic silver 5, instead of that no name brand stuff from radio shack.

good luck.

3. alontheriver

alontheriver Private First Class

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check out newegg.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds