Americas Army 1.9 to be released very soon!

Discussion in 'Software' started by BluesMan, Jul 30, 2003.

1. BluesMan

BluesMan Sgt. Snot Bubble

Patch will be 321mb
    Full Version 1.9 will be 604mb

Lots of good stuff in this next release. They have added some new maps and medic class. Should be good stuff. Hope to see you all on the killing fields real soon :D

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Couldnt get into it. Rather do Battlefield or even Counter Strike

3. BluesMan

I hear ya MA. For some reason I got way into here at work on my lunchbreak. I spend at least an hour a day with it. Pretty good game once you get used to it. I can't wait to see the new medic class. Supposedly they have worked on the netcode and authorization issues. You should give it another shot when 1.9 comes out, bet you will like it ;)

4. Cashy

Cashy Private First Class

I'll be there bluesman, the medics sound good

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

sounds MASSIVE!! Wasnt the original about 200MB? I remember me and scouse downloading it, i kinda killed someone on my own team :eek: and never got back into it... other than that quite fun!

6. Cashy

7. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

604MB downloads are never funny, not even on broadband, however, a 604MB download off of FilePlanet equals a nightmare :eek:

8. Cashy

Warning, if you are a medic in a game with me, and I call you, and I'm right in front of you, like 1-2m, and you don't heal me, I not waiting for you to shoot me, your dead.

9. BluesMan

LOL @ Cashy!

I just d/l the full version last night. Not sure im gonna install it till they get the official servers up and running. What do you like so far Cashy?

10. Cashy

you can pick your weapon at the start of the first round, and you don't lose it, so you can have the saw the the whole 7 rounds :D

The medics always die, just when you need them the most :(

The new "Mountain Pass SE" map is good, there is now three ways you can take.

if you can't get on a server, but want to check out the new map, here's how.

Start the game, at the menu screen, push TAB.
    Type in, "Start mountain_pass_se.aao" and push return
    then type "class g"
    remember to leave out the " " at the start and end.
    enjoy")

11. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Ahh, cool, that was my favourite map! cool!

Oh NO!! Fileplanet!!!!

You are place 100234/999999999 , estimated download start : 10 mins

God its stupid how unrealistic those figures are!

12. BluesMan

nothing like downloading a 600+ MB file and having it turn out bad. sigh....

13. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

me= have account=no waity for downloady... :D

14. BluesMan

Nice! I was going to download it here at work, but not sure how it would go over. 60mb download in the middle of the day might be a bad idea

15. Johner

Johner Private First Class

the verison 1.7 was much better than 1.9. many servers are laggy. My friends and I noticed that, so I am not only one. I guess I wont be playing AA unless lag is fixed till next patch or after. 604mb aint worth downloading this time.

16. Cashy

17. BluesMan

yup. I redownloaded 1.9 full, its working here on my home rig. Gotta try it with the laptop again and see if I can get it to work

18. BluesMan

Im betting this will get better in a few days as more official servers come online. This also happened with 1.7. Everyone was all fired up about the new release and all servers were hammered. I haven't had a chance to really play it yet, but 1.9 does seem to have a better feel to it. I like the new interface so far. As I get a chance to test drive it, I will post more findings.

19. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

you= bastige ;)

i cant afford to spend money on just a games website, plus my parents wouldnt be too pleased either....

20. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I got it for free!! BOOYA!!!

21. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

how'd you pull that off? :D

22. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

in that case, me = going to kill you

23. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I signed up for it when it first came out and it was less than perfect. Gamespy wouldn't auth to fileplanet for days and days and several tech emails and they gave it to me for free. :) got my 60 bux back and everything :D

24. Raider

Raider Private First Class

Do you still have to be online to play (in between rounds anyway?

I guess it is great for people with all the time connections or a seperate phone line. No such luck out here in the woods.

I would love it like a Unreal single player mode against bots.

25. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

hmm, maybe someone can make one :D

Yeah im downloading 1.9 patch right now, its taking some time...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds