Amilo Si2636 HDMI external monitor not working

Discussion in 'Software' started by parosblue, May 1, 2009.

1. parosblue

parosblue Private E-2

My neighbour has a Fujitsu Amilo Si2536 laptop running Vista HP.. all drivers are up-to-date and it is clean of viruses and spyware.

When he connects his Sony LCD TV/ Monitor via the HDMI port the laptop screen goes black and nothing appears on the monitor.

Toggling Fn+F10 has no effect.

The laptop had the latest Fujitsu driver installed.

Before I updated the graphics drivers for him it was necessary to boot into safe mode before rebooting normally to get the laptop screen showing the desktop again..

I updated the driver withe the latest Intel chipset driver - now the laptop display returns normally on unplugging the external monitor but it still doesn't work.

Any ideas welcome.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Check the BIOS. Some laptops have a setting where you can determine what happens when you toggle from the built-in display to an external display.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Strange occurance, but try the following that worked for me, with TV and laptop on plug in the HDMI cable and on the TV select the input as HDMI 1 (may need to experiment if you have a few ports) then reboot laptop.

Also try lowering the screen resolution on the laptop to close to the TVs 720p or 1080p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds