1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ammyy Scam

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by KatorzeLe, Jun 7, 2012.

1. KatorzeLe

KatorzeLe Private E-2

My brother almost fell for the Ammyy Scam. He installed to program, but we quickly closed it right before remote access. Soon after, we ran a factory reformat from cd on the computer in hopes to remove the malware.

My concerns are:
    1. Will factory reformat remove the malware that was installed
    2. Are any other computers that were connected to the internet through the same router also affected by the scam

I know this has been asked several times in the forum, but my concern is a little bit specific
  2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

A factory reinstall should have removed all traces of the malware. You should be fine. ;)
  3. KatorzeLe

KatorzeLe Private E-2

How about the other computers, are they safe?
    I have scanned them with Norton several times, and they always come clean. Is there a chance for them to be infected?
  4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I doubt they were infected. ;)