1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analog (red/white) speakers to laptop headphone jack

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Expectations, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Expectations

Expectations Private E-2

Hi, first post. Hope it's in the right place.

I'm in need of new speakers for my laptop as the old ones have gone kaput. I have a pair or analogue (red&white,+/-) speakers sat in the cupboard. (Technics SB-F950) What is the name of the adapter I would need if I could use these in some way for my laptop? ... or any other 3.5mm jack for that matter.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Expectations

Expectations Private E-2

That's not what mine are like. They are large hifi speakers with the bare red and black wire connection. I was wondering if there was a way of making them compatible with a laptop or computer.

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

You need an amplifier to power those speakers, plodr was offering a much cheaper alternative to that.