1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android Or Windows

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by peterr, Feb 16, 2017.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Is windows a phone you would buy. I have to have access to Google drive as I do with my windows PC and want to know if the windows phone can also access Google drive.
    Also, I know Google is more secure and functions well but is Windows at least decent?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

There's nothing as such 'wrong' with a Windows phone, but you'll find more help (even from friends & family) and apps for Android than Windows.
    Remember, there's more to Android than the Samsung Galaxy - have a look over here.
    http://www.androidgamesroom.com/mobile/

And here's Google Drive for Android.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/google_drive_364d.html

Lastly, I sync everything on my LG Leon (Android) phone to my Windows 7 PC using MyPhoneExplorer. It's free and supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/myphoneexplorer.html

3. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

As long as I can access Google drive and be able to use the SD card more freely I am going to move to Windows.
    I cannot thank you enough for your time and the links.
    This way I can use Windows 10 which I love and still share my data in Google drive with my wife's Chromebook.

4. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I used to keep all important docs in Google Drive which I could back up with Google Take Out. I kept the wife's art in one drive(less important) .

Thinking I could back up OneDrive, I switched and now find I cannot backup Onedrive for free.

I am afraid of losing MS OneDrive some time with all my docs.

The reason for the switch was so I could access all from a phone. I was going to get the Window's phone.

I can access all from the Window's phone but not the Google one but cannot back up MS OneDrive.

Windows OneDrive can be accessed from both Google and Window's phones.

Google Drive cannot be accessed with a Window's phone - to my knowledge.

So I chance Onedrive with the Window's phone or put the important docs in Google Drive and have to use a Google phone.

This is all because my wife is not at all digitally inclined and I am trying to get a way fo her to access both clouds..

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

6. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

A friend of mine likes the metro app. I will get one at the MS store and thank you