Animated GIFs, how do I make them work with Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Software' started by kanela, Aug 29, 2010.

1. kanela

kanela Private E-2

I can not get the animated GIFs to work after I download them to my computer.

I tried to get some new avatars and for some reason I can not get the animated GIFs to work after I download them to my computer, they stay as a regular image. For example:
    http://www.glitter-graphics.com/down...100&height=100
    So I followed the directions [Right-click on the image below and select "save as" Only for personal use: please do not upload to other sites. (see our ToS)] and always get a non-moving image. What am I doing wrong? :banghead

Gracias.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Be sure to save them as .GIF files (duh) and open them with either a web browser (like Internet Explorer or Firefox) or an all-purpose viewer like Universal Viewer. If you install Universal Viewer, it will become part of your right-click menu; right click on the GIF file and select "Universal Viewer. If you use IE or FF, right click the GIF and select "Open With...." then select Internet Explorer or Firefox from the list provided. If IE or FF aren't in the list, use the "Browse" button to find 'em. If you open animated GIF files with Paint or the Picture Preview tool, you will not see the animations. This is true for all versions of Windows, not just Win7.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds