Annoying little shockwave error.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Corporal Punishment, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

The latest shockwave update kinda hosed my chrome browser causing shockwave to fail and disable the plug in.

I had installed 11.4.xxx but when typing chrome://plugins the browser seemed to show 11.3.xxx

Then I saw the little details tab (devil is always there, right? )

If you have the issue, got to chrome://plugins and disable the shockwave plug in. Then click DETAILS. You will then see 3 or 4 instances installed. Enable the most appropriate one and leave the rest disabled.

That should fix the bugger. Hope that save someone some time.

Attached Files:

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

That is actually Flash Player. Chrome comes with Flash Player preinstalled, and it is not usually the same version as the downloadable Flash Player. Chrome is still on version 11.3; see http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

3. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Yeah - Exactly. The stand alone download goofed the chrome install.

4. igottapala

igottapala Private E-2

Mine crashes all the time I have chrome so do I need to disable like you said ?:confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds