Another 3000+ cooling question ! HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AMD steve, May 23, 2004.

1. AMD steve

AMD steve Private E-2

hello.
    I have recently had a prob with a amd 3000+ . It was running at 61c that was with the thermo pad in place.
    I was told my waranty could be void if I use anything else.
    Well after 3 days of worrying I used silocone paste and now It runs around 48c is this ok?
    Now I want to get some cooling in to the PC.
    What is the best thing to do..
    I have one side fan blowing out already.
    I would like to make sure it will never creep up again.
    AdvicePlease...
    heatsink and fan came packed with CPU
    Spec.. Gigabyt board kt600 chip
    two 80 gig hard drives
    512 ddr mem 400
    Gforce4 128 meg.
    Thanks Steve "UK"

2. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

I actually made a heatsink-fan combo myself. I used an old Speeze copper heatsink, I made an adapter out of aluminum, then put a Coolermaster Areo7 Blower fan on top. It actually works quite well. The heatsink is 60mm, but the blower is made for an 80mm HS. My 2600+ is sitting here idle @ 38c right now. I've tried a bunch of different ones, but this setup seems to work the best.

I have a 120mm fan in the front, an 80mm in the back & a 90mm in the top.

Where is the tower placed? Might there be anything blocking airflow? 48c ain't too bad, but it could be loads better.

3. AMD steve

AMD steve Private E-2

So sorry.
    Started this thread twice !I am not clever enough....well not brave enough to make my own heatsink and fan.
    I need more education on putting fans in to draw air and expell air.
    And if someone knows anything about water cooling...where to buy...links etc.
    I would be OOOOOOOH so greatful

Steve

4. AMD steve

AMD steve Private E-2

Sorry.
    I have this thread going twice.
    Silly me.
    Please see my other thread with same title.
    Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds