Another Macromedia Flash Player Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by inna_chy, May 16, 2006.

1. inna_chy

inna_chy Private E-2

Hi there, I’m running Windows XP and I can’t get my Flash Player to work correctly. When the problem started, it was only with online games (shockwave, yahoo, etc.) and it would run for a second and then close my browser. I thought it was a browser issue because one of the games I tried on download would work just fine from my hard drive.

I recently got a few new games and they won’t run. It gives an error and shuts down. Every time I send the error report Microsoft tells me that I need to update, but I have. Over and over and over. According to Macromedia everything is coming up daisies, unfortunately the daisies are coming up over my dead and decaying games.

Other than a large hammer, how would I go about fixing this?

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

On bottom are instructions I messed up post here

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Best to try and remove first and reinstall Flash.

You can remove the Macromedia Flash Player "manually" however I do not recommend this method. You should uninstall the Macromedia Flash Player using the Macromedia Flash Player Uninstaller. Instructions can be found here:
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157

To reinstall the Macromedia Flash Player ActiveX control click here:
    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Important Note: You should carefully read the all of the instructions and warnings on that webpage prior to making any changes. Also as a precaution you should Create a System Restore Point before you actually make any changes - just in case something goes wrong. This will allow you to return your computer settings to the state your PC was in - prior to making any changes.

4. inna_chy

inna_chy Private E-2

It still doesn't work. I uninstall, restart, install, run game, it shuts down the game, and the error message from Microsoft tells me to upgrade.

5. inna_chy

inna_chy Private E-2

so i found a patch/update thing for flash 8, but when i try to install it can't find the directory. i've even searched all the files on my computer and looked a bit in windows explorer, and i can't find it.

macromedia insists that it's installed. does anyone know of another way to find the directory for this?

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Try: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds