Another no sound with Windows XP after running recovery problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by krevbear, Feb 3, 2010.

1. krevbear

krevbear Private E-2

This is a thread I had going on the software section. Can anyone help me here?

This is going to sound familiar. I ran a system recovery and now everything works except the sound. When I look and the device manager there are no yellow marks and it says that I have no audio device. The computer has also told me another time that I have no Active Audio Mixer. I have tried everything that I could think of and everything that I have researched for in forums like this. I have gotten and installed every possible driver and chipset that seems to go with my system and still nothing. That is why I am posting under the software section and not drivers. I do not think I have a driver issue.

I am beginning to think that something went wrong with the hardware itself, but everything was working just fine with the audio before the recovery.

Can someone please help.

Also just out of curiosity, does my Nvidia graphics card work with the Intel graphics chipset or should I uninstall any Intel graphics?

It is and emachine t5020 serial gag910007735

Computer:
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
    OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
    DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard:
    CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 3066 MHz (23 x 133)
    Motherboard Name Unknown
    Motherboard Chipset Intel Grantsdale-G i915GV
    System Memory 999 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    BIOS Type Intel (02/14/05)
    Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
    Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
    Video Adapter Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (7936 KB)
    Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 (128 MB)
    3D Accelerator Intel GMA 900
    3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
    Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (S6A 50N 00485)

Multimedia:
    Audio Adapter Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1]

Storage:
    IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2651
    IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 266F
    Disk Drive ST3200822AS (200 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA)
    Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device
    Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device
    Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device
    Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device
    Disk Drive Seagate FreeAgent Pro USB Device (465 GB, USB)
    Optical Drive MAD DOG MD-16XDVD9
    SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
    C: (NTFS) 186237 MB (162612 MB free)
    D: (FAT32) 4525 MB (1002 MB free)
    J: (NTFS) 476937 MB (284824 MB free)
    Total Size 652.0 GB (437.9 GB free)

--------[ Debug - Unknown ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monitor EMA0778: Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]
    Motherboard AG91510J.15A.0816.2005.0214.1818
    Motherboard DMIMOBO: Intel Corporation D915GAG
    Motherboard DMISYS: GATEWAY T5020
    Motherboard Unknown

I have checked in the control panel and I have no C-media device. Everything in the Sound and audio area is enabled.

I have under the hardware tab;

Realtek HD audio
    Audio codecs
    Lagacy audio drivers
    Media control devices
    Legacy video capture devices
    video codecs

Again everything listed above is enabled if that is an option.

And yes the speakers work. I have plugged them into another source to check.

Yes I did use the factory recovery cd. Not a generic one.

I do not have a sound mixer. There is not speaker icon in the taskbar. That is the problem.

I have downloaded drivers and chipsets from everywhere. Intel, Emachines, I even have the program Driver Detective that checks all that for you. I'm sure that I have the drivers. I am just missing the audio mixer that is required to use the speakers. I just don't have any idea where to get it from.

Im on the verge of running the system recovery again, thinking that it just got missed the first time though.

No, Everest does not show Realtek anywhere. The only thing audio related that Everest shows is the Intel;

Device Description Type
    Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1] PCI

If I try to do the driver that you have in the last post it says that "This version is older than the system one."

Then it quits the install wizard.

I have the latest Realtek right from their website.

Under the sounds in control panel the computer says that the Realtek software is working properly. But if I go to the Realtek folder on the hard drive it will not open any of the programs (except for the microphone configure) like the control panel or the Realtek configure wizard.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Realtek. I also just did the SP3 trick that you just mentioned and nothing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds