Another problem with Documents folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by plowmads, Nov 9, 2004.

1. plowmads

plowmads Private E-2

Another problem i have is when i open my computer there are two documents folders. One that has my name on it which works fine but the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents folder will not open. When i click on this foler it says access is denied. How can i fix this...

2. Cobra

Cobra Private First Class

The answer is quite simple. The other folder is the folder of an administrator of the computer. If you are a user or an administrator on the computer and that folder does not belong to you, that is why it won't let you in. If you are the administrator, the easiest way to solve the problem that I know of is to download Knoppix Linux from http://www.linuxiso.org/ and burn it to a CD. After you start it, you will be able to go into your hard drive and see what is in there. If you are trying to do it in Windows, I think it will be virtually impossible because of the security.

3. plowmads

plowmads Private E-2

Just got my computer about a week ago, there are no other users that can log on to my computer. The os is xp and heard someone saying that i could go to folder options and uncheck simple file sharing, however that is not an option. Aslo there is no security tab when i click properties. Is this a big deal or should i not worry about it.

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Do you mean logon locally, or share files? If you want to be able to share files you must either enable simple file shareing and have the guest account enabled. Or create a user account in windows and disable simple file sharing which should then give the security tab in properties. Hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds