answer for error 4,5,6 when download google chrome

Discussion in 'Software' started by thomasjdawson, Feb 20, 2012.

1. thomasjdawson

thomasjdawson Private E-2

I have found a solution for the problem of not being able download google chrome, I too used revo-uninstaller to uninstall chrome, and then got error 456 when I tried to reinstall it(already had newest version of chrome) I wrestled with this one for two months, and found the answer by accident. -- Just go and put in a new user account, make it the administrator, and a simple password, then delete your account and any others you had previously, then restart,the computer, put your account back in(recommend use slightly different name,steve v/s steven) and then you should be able to install google chrome!!:)

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi...I'm not sure I understand the point of this post.

Did you mean to post this in response to a question in another thread?

3. thomasjdawson

thomasjdawson Private E-2

Yes, I noticed a number of people who had a problem trying to re-install google chrome, especially if they had used revo-installer to try and remove all former traces of chrome, they then ran into a catch-22 situation and got an error when trying to reinstall chrome, at end of download,it wouldn't finish but generate an error saying computer already had a newer version installed, and it must be uninstalled first,(but couldn't find any trace left) or reinstall & then uninstall which was not possible, found a solution, making a new user account & simple password, and then by totally deleting former account & files associated(might want to backup/copy files) then making a new account, this removes error/glitch, & allows chrome to be installed.:cool

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Ah, okay. Well, generally we like you to respond to the specific threads (if they are recent, that is), but I'm going to move this to the software forum.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds