antec sl400 PSU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unclematty, Aug 15, 2004.

1. unclematty

unclematty Private First Class

I have this power supply. I think it is loud. Am I crazy? Does anyone know anything about this?

Is there another power supply that I could get that would make less noise?

Also, are power supplies typically the loudest componets?

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

power supplies shouldn't be the loudest unless you have really bad, virtually silent cooling in your computer (eg sony viao's). feel the air coming out the back. if you feel a breeze and it's warm, then you may have a problem, but if it's more of a drafty-speed and the air coming out is just above room temperature, then it's just you being picky about how loud your computer is. if it's the latter, then some insulation may help, or you may spike/isolate the power supply from the case to reduce low frequency rattling.

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

4. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Has it always been that loud? If not, you might try opening it up and cleaning out, or replacing, the fans...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds