Anti- Spyware/Virus Registry defragger help?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DaRkEvIL, Oct 1, 2008.

1. DaRkEvIL

DaRkEvIL Private E-2

Okay, so I just recently uninstalled Spycatcher Express due to the fact that it sucked. Since the update, there are less features in the free version and it just ruined my computer environment. If you had spycatcher, you would know what I mean.

Anyways, Auslogics is known to not work properly because it is built off some "free" program. I read a review on a site and they said it did not completely defrag your system. That is the reason it went so fast.
    Recuva, a free tool from Piriform defragmented my system and my system memory went from 14GB of usage to 8-9GB of usage. That was the disk defragmenter.
    Now I'm left with Auslogics registry defragmenter which I'm sure is the same as the Disk Defragmenter so I'm wondering which registry defragmenting software would be better?

Also, spycatcher failed me and I'm looking for a new anti-spyware. I have spybot, but professionals have told me to use it as a secondary anti-spyware.

I'm using Avast! Home Edition as my anti-virus so I'm sure that's the best as of right now for free software. Although I may be wrong, I'm open for suggestions :).

Okay, PLEASE NOTE that I am looking for FREE software.

Thanks! :D

2. DaRkEvIL

DaRkEvIL Private E-2

I was talking about a Registry Defragger not a disk defragger. You may be referring to a registry defragger as I may be wrong.
    I've read around on MG and they said AVG was fishy at the moment.

3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

http://www.glaryutilities.com/gu.html this offers you the registry defrag. And is free.
    You want a free and (now) recommended AV & anti-spyware with real time protection then go with MarkTrents advice, to install AVG v8 and follow it to the "T" You will have to uninstall Avast though.

4. DaRkEvIL

DaRkEvIL Private E-2

Okay on the Reg defragger but I'm still hesitant on downloading AVG because it was fishy. Is it still fishy at the moment?

5. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

gday darkevil just a short comment on avg8 i have used avg for about 3 years and when v8 came along i found it to take much longer to scan and slowed the pc down abit but like my pc belongs in the dark ages compared to whats around now days anyway i chopped and changed around but came back to avg8 bumped up my ram and i am happy with it now just depends what your comfortable with

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds