Anti-Virus program...

Discussion in 'Software' started by guest1234, Oct 9, 2007.

1. guest1234

guest1234 Private E-2

What's the best FREE anti-virus program available? For scanning files and removing viruses?

Is paying for anti-virus software worth it?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

All AVs have their strength and weaknesses...

Is it worth paying for one? Sure, if it has features you cant find elsewhere.

As for free, Ive tried a lot of em.

AVG works. Have had it crash my machine.
    Avast works. Have had ti crash my machine.
    Antivir works, updates are a problem at times.

Ive had similar problems with paid for antivirus, too.

I lean towards Avast, because its cool factor(skinnable). Its not the most user friendly interface though.

To each their own, of course.

3. Lance Bombardier

Lance Bombardier Private First Class

Antivir got the highest rating in a PC mag recently, and it's free. Very hard to beat.

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Another vote for Avast

As Adrynalyne mentioned the interface is less than friendly, but most of the time it is just set and forget

I've been using it for years with no issues

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I'm throwing in my vote for AVG. Scheduled updates and scans... everything can be automated, basically I can install, set the scheduled events, and then forget about it and it takes care of everything for me. Very handy. :)

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

7. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

My subscription to PC-Cillin just ended so I downloaded AntiVir. It's working great (including the updates;)). The only prob I have with it is the annoying pop up that come every couple of days for their pay version. It's not a huge deal and doesn't happen much, but...

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Until it stops updating. Then anything beats it thats up to date.

9. autumn9981

autumn9981 Private E-2

you should use Kaspersky Internet Security 7.125 final.You can search it at Kaspersky.com. It's the best solution for antivirus.I have tried it, and I Often update manually.I have the Crack but don't know how to up load it, show me how to do that I'll sen it for you.

10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Good idea. Insist one product is best, that you didn't even pay for. Wouldn't it be ironic if that crack was a keylogger?

Pay for your software. We don't condone piracy here, so please do not discuss it or enable someone.

11. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

If you want to do it in the free version you have to set the scheduled events when AVG installs, it is not possible afterwards.

12. samtal

samtal Corporal

13. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I've tried Avast!, AVG and AntiVir.

So far Im liking AntiVir, I've had it for a while now and dont have any trouble with it auto-updating.

14. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

my AVG updates every morning when i boot up the icon remains grey until i click it and then it updates

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds