Anti-virus Registry Identifier

Discussion in 'Software' started by Amraxis, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Amraxis

Amraxis Private E-2

Hello all. I'm looking to find where in the registry it shows what anti-virus is installed. Not just going into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE.

I want to run a batch command to identify which anti-virus is installed and run a removal tool based on the outcome.

The only problem I am having is finding which registry entry it is that says what is installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

You are going about this wrong. If you know enough to go into the registry, you don't need us. If you don't know how to play with the registry, then you need to tell us what your problem is so we can fix it. I am not going to help you go into the registry for no reason and if you read the hundreds of thousands of posts on here you will rarely find entering the registry as a solution. It's best left alone.

If you want our help, let us know the problem, otherwise good luck :)

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Download AppRemover http://majorgeeks.com/AppRemover_d6090.html
    then install and it run; it will identify a lot of security programs on the computer.

As MajorAttitude said, post what problem(s) you are having. As well as what AppRemover shows as installed on the computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds