Anti Virus Software, I don't want norton no more

Discussion in 'Software' started by punkandrock, Oct 12, 2004.

1. punkandrock

punkandrock Private E-2

Quick question...I need to intall a new virus software because my norton one is running out and is sort of becoming annoying and is more expensive to renew then I ever remember it to be. What is a good anti-virus software that I can use to replace freeware if possible. I also want an internet security that might be included with the antivirus would be helpful or seperate which ever does the trick. Thanks.

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Agreed.

4. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

I also agree. I had the same problem you are having Punkandrock! Norton was making my computer so slow, more than i thought utnil I uninstalled it and installed Avast. Be sure to get Zonealarm as your firewall too, these are both free and great. i bet you will notice a huge increase in speed efficiency in the way your programs load, operate, and more. trust me...

5. punkandrock

punkandrock Private E-2

Awesome thanks for the responses I appreciate the input I am uninstalling Norton as we speak.

6. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

I agree with the other people that posted concerning Avast. But, I have had problems with Zone Alarm on pc's running XPSP2. Sometimes it would load at startup, as supposed to, and other times it wouldn't, leaving the pc in a somewhat unresponsive state that wouldn't shut down normally. Only option was to press and hold the on button on the pc. Swapped to Sygate firewall and have had no problems since, on my two WinXP pc's.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds