1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'antivirus database failed to update'

Discussion in 'Software' started by mighty reds, Apr 5, 2010.

1. mighty reds

mighty reds Private E-2

I'm desperate; I joined this forum because I saw the exact same posting as the problem I have: Comodo antivirus keeps prompting me to update my database and when I attempt to, I get the message, 'update failed. Please check internet connection and try again later'. However, I cant find that post now, so I can't check what the answer was.

There's nothing wrong with my internet connection - can anyone suggest a solution? I'm getting nervous because something similar happened years ago, I was never able to update, then a virus got into my computer and I had to replace the entire hard drive.
  2. Oldphil

Oldphil Sergeant

Why not try deleting and reloading Comodo, being quite new it may have a minor bug or two. It should be a pretty decent product their firewall is well liked.
  3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Is this the security suite - CIS ?

What version is it 3.13 and later?