Antivirus Plus; Worm.Win32.Netsky;computer locked

Discussion in 'Software' started by T_Rex_Wrangular, Feb 9, 2010.

1. T_Rex_Wrangular

T_Rex_Wrangular Private E-2

Hi, i have windows xp and i have the Antivirus Plus and Worm.win32.netsky viruses (possibly more.) i couldnt access the internet while in normal startup mode b/c the worm wold spam email and cuase my internet to crash. So i opened the computer in safe mode and downloaded SpyBot search & destroy. I ran Spybot and it detected many trojans and various spy/malware and so i hit the delete infected files button. It cleared almost everything except for one; which it then said if i would allow S&D to restart my computer and then it could delete the remaining infection. so i did. when the restart came up, it opened it in normal settings and then the desktop wouldn't appear (just the background picture-no icons, toolbar, start menu) so then i turned it off and started it up in safe mode where it took me to the log in screen. two appeared- owner and adminstrator- i was locked out. when i clicked either it would have small print underneath- logging in..settings blahblhablah. i dont even know if i deleted any viruses. help please.
    Problems:
    -Antivirus Plus
    -Worm.Win32.netsky
    -Locked out of computer

-if need more info, ask and i will divulge into further detail. thank you so much.

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Until you can gain access again I cannot assist you in malware removal, so moved your thread to software where they can help get you into a fit state ready for malware clearance.

3. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Have you tried "Last know good configuration" or something like that under the F8 boot? I find this is a long shot but worth the effort. Do you have the install or recovery disks? If so, have your computer boot from the CD/DVD by clicking F2 during boot and select CD/DVD as first boot selection.
    Then reboot with said CD in drive. You'll be given an option for repair, try that first. I believe the other option is a reformat, which means you will lose the data.
    But the malware fighters can't help until you are able to boot up and run scans.
    Luck!

4. T_Rex_Wrangular

oh no i dont have the reboot cd. is there any other way that i could unlock the computer w/o loosing data. i hadnt known this was a gargantuan problem.

5. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Try this, I just saw it posted elsewhere on this forum so I haven't tested it, but the site looks promising.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

Or, can you borrow an install disk from somewhere?

Did you try last known good configuration?

This is always a hassle, because computers don't come with install disks anymore. I'd suggest, respectfully, to the admins that it would be real handy to have a sticky on this subject, giving easy to follow instructions to make boot CD's for all windows OS's. Just a thought.

6. T_Rex_Wrangular

so with this, if it works, then i wont have to worry about loosing the existing files on the computer right?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds