AntiX 11 seems to be the right choice for an AMD 64 computer.

Discussion in 'Software' started by onegoodman, Oct 19, 2012.

1. onegoodman

onegoodman Private First Class

AntiX 11(Linux 2.6.36-1-mepis-smp i686) seem's to be the right choice for an AMD 64 computer with NVIDIA sound, and other controllers.
    This system is not as user friendly as others, but it installed without a problem. It had everything needed right from the start. The other distros I have tried with a live disk would not even boot, and they said on the download that it was for a 64 bit system.

If you have an NAGAMI system board with an AMD 64 processor, and NAVDIA controllers this might be the right distro for you. ;)

I'm going to be using this system for watching movies, surfing the web, and listening to music.
    When it comes to music, my surround sound system works great on this system.:)

2. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Have you looked at XMBC?

3. onegoodman

onegoodman Private First Class

Thank's I just installed XMBC, I'm going to try it out. :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds