Any good wireless monitors?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Roystacy, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Roystacy

Roystacy Private First Class

I am looking for a good wireless monitor for my computer. I just bought a wireless mouse and Keyboard from Logitech. Now, I just need a good monitor that is wireless as well. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, RSS

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

uuuh do they even make wireless monitors?

3. Roystacy

Doing some research, I found that DisplayLink is making one. But I can't find one at all online. They seem to be the only game in town. It was supposed to come out in mid-2008 but I can't find anything to suggest that it actually came out. Was hoping I could find one. Granted the usual question pops up: doesn't the monitor still need electricity? It does but I want the desktop to be in another room.

Thanks for anyone who can help me out. I think I will call DisplayLink and get more info.

4. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

there are most likely other options for you than a "wireless" monitor. why do you want the desktop in another room?

5. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

6. Roystacy

Thank you Puppywunder58.

The reason we are looking for a wireless monitor is to keep all the large objects out of the room. We do depositions and interviews in that room. It's a cleaner look.

Thanks again,

RSS

7. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Thats a pretty cool gadget. didnt even know they made stuff like that. let us know if it works well if you decide on that.

8. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Interesting find Puppywunder58. Definantly post back Roystacy if you use that one or another.

9. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds