Any other suggestions?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Calv, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Calv

Calv Private E-2

Not sure what else to do on this one.....good friend of mine who is working on Windows ME has had probs with her system for a while now. The main problem she has is when trying to open up sites on the net, it takes just forever even though she's on broadband and more often than not she just can't open up sites. She has had a few error messages coming up which i am waiting on seeing what they are so i can look into them further but she has recently installed the following and is regularly running and updating them to good effect....

AntiVir
    CrapCleaner
    Adaware SE
    Spyblaster

I mentioned about also running the free McAfee scanner thing from the stickys on here but she says she had a big problem with McAfee once and it knacked her system for some reason? Would the scan and removal tool be ok for her to use rather than the full McAfee software if she had probs with that before? I thought the stuff she had recently installed above would have improved her system no end ....or am i wrong?

Any help much appreciated..

Calv

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

Well, the first big problem is that she is running Windows Me..... :p

Sorry, Microsoft humor there.

Also, could you elaborate on her system specs and the error messages she is receiving? Perhaps she doesn't have enough memory (RAM) or too many programs are hogging all her available memory to load web pages efficiently.

Also, you may want to try downloading Firefox in case something has hijacked IE.

There are better or equal virus programs out there besides McAffee, try downloading AVG from this site.

Good Luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds