Any reason to hook up your pc speaker if pc posts fine?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pclover, Sep 9, 2009.

1. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Is there any reason to hook up your pc speaker if pc posts fine? I know this sounds like a dumb question But I know if you have pc issues you hook it back up and listen for beep codes.

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

I suppose not apart from it doesn't put much strain on system resources, it gives that little affirmative beep each time it starts, give you an early indicator that something is wrong even if the system starts up and finally you have to pull the system open to reconnect it when you r experiencing an issue. I leave it on and like the little affirmative beep myself.

3. alp71

alp71 Private E-2

hi could you help i have a silverstone tj07 case and asus p5q deluxe mobo but cant find speaker connections to connect to mobo the front panel wires on case does not have a wire for connecting to mobo or am i doing something wrong thanks alp71

4. zepper

zepper Corporal

I sort of like the beep boops on boot up - they're so reassuring and I've head them for over 25 years, so I really miss them when they're absent. Some new mobos don't even have the pins for one, but sometimes you can send the beeps to your audio speakers.

.bh.

5. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Make new thread please :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds