Any suggestions for good VideoConferencing software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by RexNoctis, Jun 15, 2004.

1. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

At the hospital where I work, we have a 3 way VC once a month where the CEO addresses the staff and will take questions.

Problem is, this is broadcast across three sites in the lecture theatres and we have a lot of trouble with echo. We are currently using AXIS video cameras and servers on each site and use IE to view the images.

(This was done because the original thinking was to have people able to watch the presentation and Q&A session at their desks, that idea has been forgotton, most PC's and the network can't cope).

I've been involved with the setup of the equipment each month since the start of the project and for the first time I've managed to muscle my way into a meeting deciding what the long term goals are.

What we need is some software that is easy to use, (IM&T don't want to be involved after the original setup), can cope with threeway conferencing and MOST IMPORTANTLY has some form of echo cancellation from BOTH the other sites.

Cost isn't really a barrier at this time but we can't afford to turn the whole thing over to an external firm.

BTW, at the moment, the video runs over our existing network which is a maximum of 2MB/s between sites. (Each hospital is 6 miles from the others). Dedicated ISDN is an option.

Any ideas?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

I have to admit, it's not something I'd thought of. Not too sure how well it will work as the cameras ar not directly connected to the PC's and I was hoping to use our existing equipment if we could.

It's worth looking into though, Cheers Halo.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds