Any Suggestions on audio freeware?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Masher, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Masher

Masher Private E-2

Any suggestions on freeware for audio that I can record voice conversations as .wav or .mp3, etc for up to 30 minutes or an hour? Our 89 year old Mom has stage 4 cancer. She has so much history to tell about our family, home town, etc. that I'd like to record in segments so all that history doesn't get lost when she passes. The software I've found only records for a few minutes. Any Ideas?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version you using? (just ask out of default as it can help at times)

Could try the Free Audacity HERE and tutorial in setup with a Mic HERE

*sorry to hear of your moms cancer and its a great idea in getting the wealth of history she has saved for future members of family to savour.

3. Masher

Masher Private E-2

Halo - thanks for the fast reply. I have Windows XP. I'll give Audacity a try. Thanks so much for your help:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds