Any suggestions??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Calltaker, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

As you probably saw in my other post, I now have a DVD drive. Problem is, it didn't come with a DVD player software. I am looking for 2 things in this, 1) I want to watch DVD's and 2) I want to be able to pull audio from the DVD to integrate into custom music mixes.

Anyone have any suggestions??

~C

PS: The easier to use the better, I prefer a short learning curve ;) Also, Freeware vs Payware is a non issue, I generally have access to whatever I want to get via friends in the business.

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Check the MultiMedia downloads here at Major Geeks. Some good media players are: VLC, KMPlayer, Zoom, DivX, Xvid, etc.... be sure to grab yourself a codec pack while your in there ;) Windows Media Player 11 isn't bad either (available from MS Windows Updates under Optional Software). As for the recording, Audacity should do the trick (also in the MultiMedia section); if not, I'm sure you'll find something in the MM downloads or someone else will post a good one for you!

hopperdave2000

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

i prefer VLCplayer, it played a few files that Qicktime, WMP11, and like 4 other players would not play

4. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

KMPlayer is working well for playing DVD's. Now I need to figure out how to edit them...lol. I do a little bit of DJ work on the side and would love to be able to rip the audio into some of my creations (all done free of charge of course, just for the fun of it, so I am not infringing copyrites yet :))

THanks for the ehads up all!!

~C

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds