any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dredd, Jul 31, 2004.

1. dredd

dredd Private E-2

my wonderful darling wife took the liberty of deleting some programs off of our cpu while i was at work. well i am not sure exactly how she did it, she removed them or deleted them, but they are still listed in add/remove programs. when i try to remove them it gives me the following error:

c:\program~1\common~1\install~1\engine\6\intel3~1\ctor.dll

any suggestions as to how i can remove them? i do not have any of the install discs from these programs, so i cannot reinstall and then uninstall correctly. does major geeks have a program specifically for this type of program? thanks for all of your help.- dredd

2. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

If you have spybot search and destroy you can go to Mode--Advanced (Mode is located at the top). Then click on tools on the side and click on uninstall info. This will allow you to delete unwanted things on the uninstall window. If you don't have spybot you can download it here:

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2471

Another one that will also get rid of the Registry entries left over from that program is RegCleaner. You can get regcleaner here:

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=460

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Neo ... BEST post you have done to date, well thought out!

also RegCleaner will remove Uninstall menu items as well as clean the registry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds