Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Software' started by morleybc, Sep 16, 2004.

1. morleybc

morleybc Private E-2

I am looking for some literature or where to go , that will teach me the basics of making my own theme to making a web page.?Unfortunately, I need it to be on a newbie level!

2. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

Welcome to MG site,,,This post would bet more responce in the software thread or in programming,,,,FYI,,if you go to www. geocities. com ,,,you can open a free website,,,also with NUBIE pagebuilders,,very user friendly,,Good luck on your venture,,,PS Build with the pagebuilders ,,,then you can look at the HTML and start to learn web design,,,basics, Glenn

3. butterfly123

butterfly123 Private E-2

Have you checked on About.com? They have lots of information available, and even many "classes" via newsletter.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Dummies books available at any bookstore.

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

6. posr

posr Private E-2

Agreed, any bookstore should have a html book. Usually these books will be written for the beginner. If you want the best, theres a definitive guide to html and dhtm 5 or prol 6 now. One of the best things to do it go through these books page by page, and go to your favorite sites and right click and choose "view source". You will be able to see the code for the website your viewing. You can even save it and make it your own or learn that way as well. One word of caution. DO NOT USE MS WORD OR ANY PROCESSOR. You need to use a ascii text editor, i.e. notepad.exe for windows to do you coding. But I would also suggest a product like frontpage, (please DONT flame me) hehe, Simply due to the face that you can type and to a lot what you want for your site like a processor and then easily view the code. It would be a great way for you to learn.

Eventually tho, you will most likely get into cgi, php, jscript, or maybe have some java apps, which most of these may have some html code, but a lot will have code specific for them, to highlight or add functionality to your site.

The most important thing right now is to start off with the basics,
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title> Your new Page </title>
    </head>
    <body
    <br>
    Your First Page....
    </body>
    </html>

You cant rush it and just take your time and learn. Eventually you will be using frames, and maybe later on tables and graphics to bring your website to life. Then maybe you can learn flash and bring some kool menus and stuff to it. Theres a lot you can do, just be patient and learn.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds