Any way to deny delete priviledge?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tkuehn, Oct 17, 2007.

1. tkuehn

tkuehn Private E-2

We are using Windows XP and running lotus notes as our email app. We have a shared pc which has become something of an issue. Someone is having fun by deleting files used by notes to run the app. We have to give the user's limited (power user) access since notes will not run as a standard user. Is there any way to stop this nonsense? Any way, that we can deny user's the ability to delete any files so we don't have to work on this pc several times per week?

Thank you.

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Welcome to Major Geeks. Until you get an expert's answer, I would tell the culprit "It's my way, or the Highway." Bazza

===

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Well, one could set permissions to the folder/files in question to read only. Though, recommend using a test account to make sure that app will work.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Apparently this someone doesn't understand sharing means not trashing other people's chosen apps. Delete the person's account. Maybe after being locked out of the shared computer for a bit, he or she will understand the concept of sharing. Also be sure this person does not know how to log into your accounts - change the passwords just to be safe.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds