Any way to moniter bandwidth speed

Discussion in 'Software' started by fishfool59, Feb 2, 2007.

1. fishfool59

fishfool59 Private E-2

I am a network admin and someone on my network is using tons of bandwidth. No one is owning up to it so I was wondering if there is a tool I could use to see where it is all going.

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Wireshark (Formerly Ethereal) 0.99.5 is a free network protocol analyzer (TCP/IP Sniffer)

There are many commercial bandwith shapers and network monitors around but for use in a commercial environment you will probably have to pay.

A commonly used monitor is Websense

What operating system are you running ? You should probably block commonly used p2p ports on your router or server too.

3. fishfool59

fishfool59 Private E-2

I am not worried about P2P but I did do that already. I have a few people that like to listen to the radio online and KILL everyone's bandwidth but no one will fess up to it. I am to the point of getting ready to take everyone's speakers away.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds