Any way to set Details as default view in Open/Save dialogs?

Discussion in 'Software' started by gGrump, Jan 22, 2008.

1. gGrump

gGrump Private E-2

I have searched the web. Maybe it can't be done.

I'm on XP Pro SP2.
    I use "Details" view as my default in Windows Explorer, and would love to have that be the default view for all my File Open and File Save dialogs, but they always default to "List" view < grrrrrrr >.

Some MS apps can be forced to keep Details view *for that session only* by setting to Details and holding down the CTRL key while processing the first file, but after re-opening the app, I'm back to List view.

Whoever at Microsoft made the executive decision to make List the default needs to have itching powder sprinkled in his shorts.

I'm hoping that with all the combined knowledge on this forum, someone has a solution.

Thanks -
    gG

2. gGrump

gGrump Private E-2

Got an answer at another forum, but not the one I wanted.

Never will be a resolution for XP, I don't think

:cry

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

4. gGrump

gGrump Private E-2

@Steve -- thanks for link, but I guess I'm too much of a cheapskate.
    I'm not yet willing to spend $20 for a utility to make it happen, but as time goes on and I get more annoyed, I may come to that point.

:)

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

My fault. I thought that maybe Kelly's had a fix for it, didn't know it linked you to a software. I should have checked before posting. ;)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds