Any way to tell what kind of RAM I have?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GMXMan, Dec 7, 2004.

1. GMXMan

GMXMan Private E-2

Right now I have 512 RAM, Crucial PC 3200 I think..

I want to get another 512 stick, but I think it would be better if it was the exact same kind.

Any way to find out what kind of RAM I have?

2. roguetrip

roguetrip Private E-2

you can try CPU-Z which is on majorgeeks. then check out the SPD and see if it provides a model number or anything, there might be some other programs the can tell you. Otherwise if it has a sticker on or a fcc code then you could google the information and see what it comes up with.

3. Farbib

Farbib Corporal

Or Sis Sandra

4. Farbib

Farbib Corporal

Specifically, under Mainboard Information, you can either check out "Memory Modules" or "Logical/Chipset1 Memory Banks." Good program IMO easy-to-use for your purpose. BTW You don't have to know what Logical/Chipset1 Memory Banks means to use it. It contains alot of information about your computer. Have fun with your new RAM when you get it.

(I messed up my original post and tried to include this in it as well)

5. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

6. Farbib

Farbib Corporal

I have AIDA too, it's like Sis Sandra, alot of detailed info. If you choose AIDA, choose the 'Motherboard' icon on the first page, then 'Motherboard' again, and the third section labeled 'Memory Bus Properties' will say it.

7. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

AIDA32 ( not supported any longer) & Everest are the same program basically & both are locatated right here at Major Geeks. You should always link to files located on this server instead of linking away from here. ;)

8. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

If only I knew Sueman, if only I knew... ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds