Anybody Heard Of SpeedyPC?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Glen62, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Glen62

Glen62 Private E-2

The reason I'm asking is because I have been experiencing memory problems with my PC, and my computer being very slow. I downloaded that program in hopes of improving my PC's performance, but I know very little about it, and I want to be very careful about downloading anything that might be spyware. Does anyone know whether or not this is a good program? Thanks.

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

From what I read, doesn't do much that you couldn't do yourself with a bit of cleaning.
    How many programs are on your startup list?
    When was your last GOOD defrag?
    How much RAM is installed?

3. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Programs such as this are to be avoided! They generally install more applications that will slow your computer down further. Here is a link, http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106650. This should help with the most common reasons for slow down. :)

4. rcsteele

rcsteele Private E-2

OK so I am an idiot. I purchased SpeedyPc and now I have no icons on my desktop and I don't even see any programs at all in my C or D drives... what the hell happened?
    I looked for restore points and I don't have any of those either. The drives seem to still be full but I can't see the programs...Can anyone help me? I feel like such an idiot... I honestly had no idea this would happen... should have come to this forum sooner.

sorry to waste your time but I am a little desperate ... I think all of my files are still there but I can't get to them...

thank you for helping me...

5. rcsteele

rcsteele Private E-2

OK so I am an idiot... I purchased this program and ran it... after a reboot I am now missing all of my icons on my desktop other than computer and trash bin
    I looked in my C and D drives and no programs even show up...
    I think everything is there because the drives still show that they have data..
    I just can't get into any programs... other than M$ Office stuff and the programs that are on my task bar.

What the hell did I do?
    I have tons of stuff on there that I need... lots of photos and things..

Can anyone help?
    thanks for your time..

6. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

Sadly, SpeedyPC is a scam. Some internet research shows tons of people that have the same problem with the same program as you. Plain and simple, they are crooks.

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/speedypc.com

There's nothing that program does that you can't do yourself, and at no charge.

The only thing that seems to have worked for some people with this issue is rolling back to a restore point set before you installed the program. Sadly, it's not likely to work and your only option will be to reformat the computer and reinstall Windows. And yes, you'll lose your data.

Poeple have tried to contact SpeedyPc's "tech support", but it seems they want to charge you to fix what their program broke.

Perhaps others can chime in on this, or you might want to take your problem over to the Malware forum and see if they can help.

7. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Next time i would try any thing off here It's alot more safer they scan and check every program too make sure its safe.

But if you want a trusted all in one tool Go with
    Advance System care 5
    http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5927
    i have trusted it sense 1st beta and it works well.

There are a few programs that act like All in one tool but they are not.They are scams they charge you these outrages prices too even use there programs and then bam they got you.I think Clean My PC.com is all so a Scam as well.

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Trying to revive a 2 year old thread?

9. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Hmm did not realize it was a two year old thread lol Blame the fourth poster

10. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

How about instead of "blaming the fourth poster" for "reviving a two-year old thread", we take into consideration it was rcsteele's first two posts here, meaning he or she was new here and probably didn't know their way around, and also likely searched for the topic of concern and this was the only hit? I know if I signed up here and got replies like that I'd probably not come back here for help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds