Anybody know where to find spare parts...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rollin, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Rollin

Rollin Private E-2

for a Compaq Presario 1215. Somebody gave me one to mess with and I'm bored so I thought I'd see what I could do with it.

I just wanted to find a list of compatible parts. I can already tell that one speaker's shot and the battery is near dead.

2. Phatsta

Phatsta Corporal

Any old computer would do. Buy a spare one with the same slot/socket, that's probably the best. It depends on it's age if you can get hold of parts. Some of them are rare.

3. Rollin

Rollin Private E-2

From what I've been able to read, this one is about 3 years old maybe.

4. Phatsta

Phatsta Corporal

oh right, it's a notebook is it? well same thing there, best buy one just like it if you want parts. probably the cheapest way. that's if you really need parts..? what's wrong with it?

here's a little info about it:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00011347

5. Rollin

Rollin Private E-2

It is a notebook. I haven't figured out yet what all is wrong with it. So far I've figured out the battery is bad and the right speaker is broken, the touchpad mouse doesn't work either.It starts up in Win98 but says there may be errors and Scandisk.exe is missing. I have none of the disks for it.

6. Phatsta

Phatsta Corporal

well then first off reinstall it, that'll erase all the errors and it might even get your mousepad back if you're lucky. a speaker that size couldn't be too expensive, I'd just take it out and see what watts and ohms it is then solder on a new one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds