anyone have suggestions for ASP beginner projects?

Discussion in 'Software' started by NeoNemesis, Nov 27, 2004.

1. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

im really really really bored and have been for the past coupel of days, and i want to start a new ASP project but i can't think of any simple ones. so does anyone know of any or have any ideas for a beginner learning ASP? I need something that won't talk long, maybe a week or two, but wont be entirely lame. i've already made a guestbook, a counter, and website. so im out of ideas. all the ones i have come across on the web are far too advanced for me. does anyone who has taken a course in learning ASP know what u did to learn? like what were some oprojects you made to start things off? thanks. hopefully this will clear the boringness. :(

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Have you made a simple CMS yet?

Most of the more fun things you can do with ASP you need to have access to the server configuration and hardware to do. e.g. printing from an ASP script, or running a piece of hardware (say, an LED array screen).

Have a go making an image gallery (with upload function). If you're using ASP 3, then you'll need to know about this:
    http://www.asp101.com/articles/jacob/scriptupload.asp

(0ooh, asp101 have changed their layout. How kind of them :p)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds