Anyone know anything re repairs to induction cooking hobs?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Paul Conway, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Paul Conway

Paul Conway Private E-2

Hi Guys

Anyone out there who maybe able to assist me with my induction hob probs?

Thanks

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Depends what the prob-s are and your electronic experience level.:major Do you have experience repairing AC equipment?

They're pretty simple,if one hob is gone look for damage or test for damage in that coil and power circuit, if the whole thing won't turn on troubleshoot from the power supply to the cooker.

Replacing individual components is basically impossible you'll have to buy a complete control board and fit it yourself,on the left is the control board,notice the low voltage fuse on the right make sure none of those are blown. I have repaired a couple in the past and the problem in both instances was the relay switch 'the big blue thing at the bottom left of the picture'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Induktionskochfeld_Spule.jpg

I don't know where you'll get parts from though each manufacturer and country is different.

I like restoring and repairing household appliances in my spare but it's not something I'd recommend you do unless you've got some experience and are willing to accept risk. If you hurt someone or cause a fire it's on you so if your attempting this to save money on a repair bill rather than doing it for the pleasure of a challenge and to increase your electronics knowledge I'd seriously advise against it and have it repaired professionally, or just buy a new one.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  3. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Yeppers. I was going to reply before, but got called away. Basically, like Rick said, if anything goes wrong with it, you're screwed and you have to replace the entire cook-top. That's why, even though I like the idea, I never bought one, myself. ~ Sorry, but that's the way it is.
    Anything can be repaired for a price, but for about 400 bucks, you can buy a whole new unit, which is 'prolly less than either hiring a tradesman, or trying to repair it yourself.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds