Anyone Know of a Decent Freeware CAD Program?

Discussion in 'Software' started by beavis79, Nov 29, 2005.

1. beavis79

beavis79 Private E-2

Hi , I'm looking for a simple 2D CAD program that is simple to use , so I can just start drawing and not have to spend forever learning how to use a lot of useless "bell & whistles" I want to be able to draw floorplans , elevations ,rafter layouts and be able to print in scale on an ordinary printer using common letter or legal size paper.

I searched this subject on google and found a lot of CAD programs that are obsolete and being offered as freeware , but there is some catch on every one that fit what I was looking for. Usually they want all sorts of info , my email address , registration etc. It reeked of spyware to me.

The best match I found was a program called Justcad , it seems to be perfect for what I want to do. The only problem is that when I tried to download (using Leechget) my browser kept crashing. I tried bypassing Leechget and just using the windows downloader but it stalls before I can get the whole download , which is why I started using Leechget in the first place. I was trying to download from the home site and kept getting message saying a maximum of 10 clients had been reached try later etc. Later it just kept crashing the browser.

I'm looking for an alternate source to download Justcad or a recommendation of a similar program. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance , Beavis.

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

3. beavis79

beavis79 Private E-2

Thanks dude. One of those was the same info gatherer that I saw in my google search last night , but I decided to try them out anyway. Had to jump thru some hoops to get the program , but I got it downloaded and installed without any major hassles. Reckon I'll run ad aware then see if I can figure out how to use the program. Thanks again for the link , Beavis.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds