Anyone Tried "GnuCash" Accounting Freeware?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mjeast, May 10, 2011.

1. mjeast

mjeast Private E-2

Anyone tried "GnuCash" personal & business accounting
    freeware? A Quicken ex-patriot pointed it out to me.
    Just downloaded and it seems fairly simple, thorough, and
    reliable. Microsoft Money now discontinued. Also tried your
    AceMoneyLite. Well, I didn't see it listed here, and wanted
    to point it out.

Quote from their homepage:
    "GnuCash is personal and small-business financial-accounting
    software, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for
    GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows.
    ( http://gnucash.org )"

2. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

I haven't tried it, I downloaded turbo cash, and will look into both programs.

I am just now learning accounting, and not sure if I want to go with the paid industry standard or freeware.

I like open office as a freeware, so I guess these should be fine also. The question is will the gnu cash export to other programs for presentations and reports etc.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I had a look at GNUCash and while the GUI is not as polished as the likes of Quicken or the now deceased Money it does what it says on the tin, which is what you want, while I don't know if it covers the USA tax refunds etc its a good working app.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds