Anyone use PowerLine?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spartyguy, Jul 5, 2004.

1. spartyguy

spartyguy Private E-2

I'm considering the use of PowerLine at home. Anyone have any good/bad experience with it?

Having the need for a constant connection in a jam packed Chicago neighborhood (http://www.majorgeeks.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35109) between rooms has me a bit leary. I currently use a Microsoft 802.11g for use with a laptop, but I turn it on only when I need it. I really don't want to put an xp and linux desktop on a fulltime wireless network, mostly because if I'm traveling I don't want to deal with all of the security issues.

2. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

i think the idea of data over powerline is great. but the technology is still very very new. im not one to dive in and bear the brunt of bugs of new software/hardware. but if it is your only option, it seems like a good idea.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds