Anyone with "Protexis" License Removal Experience???

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dekade, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

I have a situation where a DRM license software installed with Corel software may be slowing down my computer.

Has anyone had any experience in the removal/disabling of it? In trying to go to the Protexis website it appears as though it no longer exists.

However, there is a link on the web to disable the files, BUT, there are questions that I have about the process that is suggested.

Here is the link: http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-disable-and-uninstall-protexis-licensing-service-psiservice-exe/

PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS. Thanks for your time.

Dekade

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Dekade

I don't have experience of this Protexis as I don't use Coral software, but had experience of this type of removal of pita additions, plus using services, cmd etc

What are your questions on the removal process mentioned in that link as to me it seems not so bad, a bit time consuming but not overly so.

I would though be thinking do you need any Coral software that you have installed currently? as my way to remove something thats causing a potential issues is to get rid of all, and look for other software that will do the same job but without the DRM issue you are having.

3. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

As you can see from the below attachments I have more than one choice for V2 steps 4 through steps 7. Here is the link: http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to...siservice-exe/

That is my confusion. Which files do I use to place where they suggest?

AND, do I place into ALL Corel software program folders. I believe this problem occured clear back in Corel Paint Shop Pro x3 which no longer resides on my system. Corel Paint Shop Pro x 6 and Corel VideoStudio Ultimate x7 and WordPerfect Suite 11 still reside on my system. It is also important to note that Protexis.com no longer is a valid site.

Attached Files:

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Dekade

I would and hopefully I have got this right as you have a 64bit OS, is to copy the files mentioned it 4 - 7 and rename delete etc those files in your two locations as with 64bot OS you have two Program Files folders, and that guide is based off a 32bit OS by the looks of it.

So if you have a Coral app in Program Files (this is the 64bit folder) then copy/delete rename the files mentioned in that area, then if you have a Coral app folder as wells Protexis in Program Files x86 (the 32bit folder) then do the same in that folder with the files.

Hope this reads right as it did in my head!

5. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

DavidGP,

Yeah, I think I can follow what you are saying. I'll give it a try.

Deakde

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds