anyway to Increase max volume?

Discussion in 'Software' started by zxcasdqw, Jan 6, 2011.

1. zxcasdqw

zxcasdqw Private E-2

Hey guys i got windows 7 and realtek HD audio new laptop so it must be fully updated ... and a 24" monitor but when i plug my Headphones into the monitor the sound is low and ive put it on max .. is there anyway to increase the volume ?

2. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

I have the same problem, so I use VLC player for my media files, in VLC player, click TOOLS>EFFECTS AND FILTERS>AUDIO. Then, on the Graphic Equalizer tab, check ENABLE, you can then jack up the preamp, and boost the 10 different EQ levels as you like. As far as increasing volume on embedded media in webpages and things other than your own media files, getting volume increased to your headphones is gonna be a problem. I have been a punk rock musician for over 25 years, my ears are pretty well blown out, but when not using headphones, I use a monster cable from the green output (3.5mm i think it is) on the back of my computer two two RCA inputs on the back of a 300 watt Kenwood home stereo, so I have no shortage of volume there. Hope that helps .

Winamp has the same graphic equalizer setup, you can bump up the preamp which will increase your max volume, and then adjust the individual frequencies as you like via the EQ . With Winamp running, click the tiny "config" button, and the dropdown menu will show, one tab of which contains the graphic EQ. Just click the "on" button. The preamp slider is the farthest one on the left on both VLC and Winamp - and the preamp is where you are going to get your biggest volume boost.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  3. zxcasdqw

zxcasdqw Private E-2

ty ill try that tip with vlc :) thnx for the tip

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds