AOL and ADSL?...

Discussion in 'Software' started by genEEneg, Feb 11, 2006.

1. genEEneg

genEEneg Private E-2

Hey, i'm attempting to setup ADSL o work with AOL, it's for a friend, who currently has an account and can login. Upon open AOl it says it has detected a network connection error...
    Also once we are in AOL it fails to load anything to do with the net... Please help, i've spoken to AOL for hours and they can not help the issue..

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hey genEEneg,
    Are you switching your friend from dial-up to ADSL?
    If so, try deleting/disabling the dial up connection. There can be some conflicts.

3. genEEneg

genEEneg Private E-2

thanks for that idea, no such luck though... he has an ASKEY DSL modem and a D-Link Router
    i've tried forwarding the ports that I think AOL goes through but no help... Btw, I can still access the net here through IE. Would be firefox but AOL told him if he installed that they can't help him...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds