AOL Enigma

Discussion in 'Software' started by Toke, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Hi fellow Geeks, Friend has bought childrens com and have been using aol BB for 3 months (trial period) NP, now its pay time they are taking the monies but No Connection, They contacted and was told by aol that computer needs a Hyper TRM to be able to connect. Now this computer was used by G'Children for internet BroadBand using AOL for a couple of years NP. There has been no hardware added/subtracted or software. so, what the hell are they on about,and also how come it worked during the free period. I feel oblidged as me being the Grandad sold it to friends on kids behalf. Have e-mailed aol but am to visit the friends tomorrow to look and will not recieve response from aol by then, so plz enlighten me as the first reference to hyper TRM I have found was for communicating with a space craft lol lol :) I'm perplexed to say the least ...

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Had a thought is the acronym for 'Hyperterminal' meaning a new connection needs to be established. I apologise as com always used on a Modem connection, so is AOL trying to pressurise them into BB .. No doubt I will find out tomorrow :) thanks for those who have taken an interest so far.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

If you get no satisfaction, tell them you will be contacting the omnbudsman, and your national current affairs TV program. That should stir them up. Bazza

===

4. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Thanks guys , what we have here now I have computer at home is a 'No Dial Tone' message... Computer was Ok connected via AOL for 2 months on a Modem then it suddenly decided to quit connection.. When I try to connect I can hear 2 seperate clicks in Modem then the Multi beep/beep/beep .. which shows the key (aol) connection then it beeps singularly every 2 seconds and thats it. Now this is a very old com. Pent 11/ 64MB ram /166 mhtz... is it possible that the modem has given out, and what would be the signs of it packing in altogether?? No beeps ? have tried all I know like reinstalled/new driver/new numbers even took out and reseated.. any ideas will be much appreciated .. ps. have rid of all spies and viruses that were there/ dleted all software that was added after I handed com to family.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds