AOpen UX915G-M ??? Anyone have specs or layout of mboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zapp, Aug 20, 2010.

1. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

I have a PDS xccube with mysteries. It all works pretty well but I'm baffled by the absence of accurate specs. I went to the PDS/Aopen website [at least it seems to be theirs] to the downloads etc but no manual there. Not even listed among the manuals. They do have drivers but I'm not ready for that.

Anyone know the real memory spec? Whats in there now is a single Buffalo branded DDR2 533mhz 512mb part. it works. I guess that's a 200 pin? or is it 184? When I go to crucial and type in the model designation for the system, I get bogus info. They show DDR PC3200, which it definitely ain't.

all help gratefully received...

z

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

http://www.fixya.com/support/t5145172-aopen_mz915_ux915g_m_motherboard_pin

Which points to:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t2707644-anyone_know_pin_layout_front

So:

Code:
    Here is pinout. Pin2 key is missing pin
    1 reset+     
    3 reset- (gnd)        
    5 pwr led+ 
    7 pwr led- (gnd)       
    9 n/c  
    11 n/c
    13 n/c (gnd)
    15 n/c
    17 n/c 
    19 n/c     
    2 key (missing pin)
    4 pwr sw +
    6 pwr sw -
    8 hdd led+
    10 hdd led-
    12 n/c
    14 n/c (gnd)
    16 n/c
    18 n/c
    20 n/c  (+5v)

n/c = no connection 		            
    ftp://ftp.aopen.ru/pub/xccube/ey65/manual/ez65ez18y-ol-e.pdf

3. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

that was a great find, but I don't see my model in there.

do you happen to know if Everest can actually determine the type of audio part I have? there's no Vista/Win7 driver at the download site for it...

4. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

oops - I'm dead wrong... looked right past it. there is a VISTA driver for Realtek audio... d/l'ing now

oops again.... they goofed. it ain't the driver for this device! and I located it BY MODEL NUM!! now what?

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

If you read the 1st thread, someone posted the 2nd link saying they had the same motherboard that you use, and used a different mother board for the pin spec.

6. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

is there a way to upload a pic? Supposedly this board has good features for overclockers, and on a tip from one of the oc sites I went looking for speed select jumper. it seems to be there but the device/block adjacent to the silkscreen info for "JP2" is something I not familiar with.

this is a small image but one of you smart guys might can make it out.

[​IMG]

JP2 entry is adjacent to the PCI slot, between it and the side edge of the board.
    It says pins 1-2 for 533mhz, pins 3-4 for 400mhz. I'm staring at the big connector-looking thing... that's not dip switches... Is it referring to a block somewhere else? I'm baffled.

I have a good image of it on my system but can't attach i don't think. I'll try

Attached Files:

7. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

Victory!
    solved. found the JP2 pin block, moved the jumper. we be up to speed now.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds