App To Customize Right Click Menu

Discussion in 'Software' started by AbbySue, Feb 7, 2006.

1. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

A year or so ago I used a tiny freeware app that allowed me to easily customize my right click menu (add & remove certain items) but for the life of me I can't recall the name of it. I know the same can be accomplished via regedit but I'd rather go the easy route.:eek::D I'm googled out.:eek: Anyone know the name of it?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. AbbySue

Bummer, that's not it but thanks for trying Halo.:)

The one I used would let you add things, remove them and you could even change the order in which they appeared. The main reason I had tried it before was b/c when I'm organizing things in my graphic folders I have a habit of hitting delete instead of rename:eek:..little things like that. Added to that, there are some programs I use that add things to the right click menu that I don't want there. For example with iespell. I want the check spelling there but I don't want the iespell options there. Once it's set up I have no purpose for it, the options never change.

4. AbbySue

Got it:)..Chris just called from work..now I just need to narrow down which one I used or want to use now. It's either ContextMenuEditPlus or ContextEdit

5. DavidGP

Cool, forgot about those apps, I see you have to subscribe to get them now?

6. AbbySue

Yeah..the subscription thing went into affect a long time ago...like before I moved to FL cuz I just tried my log in from when I lived there and it worked:eek: LOL

I would have tried the one you linked to but it cautioned that if you removed something you may have to reinstall the program removed to add it back in:eek: where I knew the one I had used before I could easily swap things in and out of there until I got it set up exactly the way I wanted it.

7. AbbySue

Forget that...you have to purchase the right to download...will have to see if I can find the files elsewhere. $5.97 a download or $19.97 for unlimited downloads...nice "freeware" they have there.:rolleyes:

8. AbbySue

Found Context Edit right away...first link I clicked in my search:D The other is proving a little more evasive...may go ahead and try this one although I'm concerned as XP isn't on the list of OS's.

9. DavidGP

From what I remember it still worked ok with XP, just needs to be run from an Admin account as the security on user or limited accounts dont allow registry changes easily.

10. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

11. AbbySue

Oh my bad! for not making my post a little more clear.:eek: Sorry Oooops. What I am looking for is an app that will add/remove things from the right click context menu in windows explorer as a whole. For example: When I'm sorting through my folders full of images and I right click on an image to rename it I would like to not have delete & rename right next to each other. Or when using the right click menu for other things there are miscellaneous things that show up in it that I have no use for so would like to remove them.

I do appreciate your help though and have downloaded this extension for when I get FF reinstalled so it IS something I can still use.:)

Thanks!:)
    AbbySue

12. dedknight

dedknight Private E-2

bump.. i could really use something like this. whenever i go to make a "New Folder", i often find myself accidentally clicking "New Shortcut" (which is something i never use anyway, and would like to get rid of all together).
    the ability to harness the xp context menu would be great.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Private First Class

14. snapshooter87

snapshooter87 Private E-2

15. tym

tym Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds