Application Design

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pure-D, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Pure-D

Pure-D Private E-2

Hi,
    I'm only a novice in java,VB.net and SQL but I've gotten to the stage where I'm starting to look at the actual design of an application. Are there any web sites that list some sort of usability guidelines for applications or maybe analysis of effective or ineffective design? Someone has mentioned common conceptual models to me as well, but I have no idea what that is. I've tried google to no avail. Are there certain guidelines that say the file, edit bar are always on top, etc?

At the moment the applications I'm creating, just follow the look of what I can remember of applications I've used. I'd just wondering if there's some sort of guidlines or such?

thanks,
    D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds