Application Error when opening up Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by samsonJ84, Mar 18, 2009.

1. samsonJ84

samsonJ84 Private E-2

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=184647 This is the link which shows that I completed the "Run Me First" thread. Everything seems to work fine and I don't seem to have any problems with malware as of now, except for the fact that my Internet Explorer does not work properly now.

Here is the message I get when I open up IE

"The instruction at "0x75c71d73" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

What does that mean?

2. samsonJ84

samsonJ84 Private E-2

"The instruction at "0x7c910efe" referenced memory at "0xff000000". The memory could not be "read".

another error that shows up when I open IE

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Here are repair instructions for Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378
    scroll down for the instructions for IE 7 or IE 8.

I also found these two methods from a MSMVP

4. samsonJ84

samsonJ84 Private E-2

I tried the link you posted and method 2. Neither of those two worked. When I tried Method 1 I get asked to insert the Service Pack 3 CD for it to install properly, but the CD that came with my computer is a Service Pack 2 CD. Does that make a difference?

5. Borsung

Borsung Corporal

in short...you should use Firefox....IE suck :|

6. samsonJ84

samsonJ84 Private E-2

OK, so I upgraded to IE8, and got Firefox. However, both of them show errors where both of them say they do cannot establish a connection to the network. I am getting a strong signal on my wifi, so I am not sure why I cannot connect properly

7. samsonJ84

samsonJ84 Private E-2

finally got both of them to work. I had to remove Norton 360 from my laptop, then reinstall it again. Everything works fine now....thanks and I really appreciate the help!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds